Electrolyte abnormalities, particularly hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia should be corrected prior to administration of Zofran.
What does HOMG stand for?
HOMG stands for Hypomagnesemia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Home Obligors Mortgage Enhanced Securities
- Housing Mobility and Exchange Services (UK)
- Housing Operations Management System
- Housing Opportunities through Many Efforts and Services
- Housing Organisations Mobility and Exchange Services (UK)
- Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior (lakes)
- Home Shopping by Television and Disc
- Half of My Energy Wasted on Random Knowledge
- Homies Organizing the Mission to Empower Youth
- Head of Mission Fund (New Zealand)
- Health Outcomes Management, Inc.
- Hungry Omnivores Moving, Interacting, and Nesting in Independent Decision-Making Simulations
- Heroes of Might and Magic (computer game)
- Heroes of Might and Magic 2 (computer game)
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (computer game)
- Heroes of Might and Magic 4 (game)
- High-Order Method Modeling Environment
- High-Order Multiscale Modeling Environment
- Heroes of Might and Magic V (gaming)
- Highest Occupied Molecular Orbital
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 2011 warning also stated that citalopram should not be used in patients with congenital long QT syndrome, and that patients who have congestive heart failure or bradyarrhythmias, or are predisposed to hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia because of concomitant illness or drugs, are at higher risk of developing the arrhythmia.
Illustrated two-page chapters cover topics including: cell-level basics, fluid overload and deficit, hyperkalemia, calcium, magnesium and hypomagnesemia, pH regulation through buffering systems, metabolic acidosis and alkalosis, organ systems control, acute and chronic renal failure, noncardiogenic pulmonary edema, burns, and shock, among others.
Hypomagnesemia is a common finding after open-heart surgery.