The hyphenation and justification tool assures that your text looks the best in shape and has a professional look.
What does HYP stand for?
HYP stands for Hyphenation (file name extension)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HYP
We have 16 other meanings of HYP in our Acronym Attic
- Hike Your Own Hike
- Hypoxia Up-Regulated 1
- Halkin Yukselisi Partisi (Turkish: People's Ascent Party)
- Harvard, Yale, Princeton
- Hey You Pikachu (game)
- High Yield Plus Fund, Inc.
- High Yield Portfolio
- Hispanic Yellow Pages (various locations)
- Huntsville Young Professionals (Huntsville, AL)
- Hispanic Yellow Pages of America
- Hybrid Programmable Attitude Control Electronics (processor; US NASA)
- Hybrid Particle and Concentration Transport Model
- Helping Young People Excel
- Helping Young Professionals Engage (various locations)
- Helping Youth Prepare for Employment (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Helping Youth Pursue Excellence
- Houston Young Playwrights Exchange (Texas)
- Hy-School Programs and Endeavours
Samples in periodicals archive:
While one section believed that the India Pakistan hyphenation should continue as it gave Pakistan, a major US ally in the War on Terror, a fig leaf cover, the majority prevailing view was that it was time to delink US India relations from Pakistan.
The guidelines of the English Names Committee of the International Ornithological Congress (IOC) (Gill and Wright 2006) favor fewer hyphens and rekindled the debate, including a public recommitment by some to the taxonomic value of hyphenation (AOU Check-list Committee 2007).
The software includes complete dictionary and hyphenation support, Flash support and the ability to track edits, undo multiple changes and generate PDFs with text edits highlighted.
According to the company, QuarkXPress 7 Canadian Edition will include English and French manuals, spell check and hyphenation functionality and will begin shipping to distribution partners in the second quarter of 2007.
ZAANDAM, Netherlands, May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- WoodWing Software(TM) has introduced Smart Hyphen(TM), which delivers enhanced hyphenation functionality to Adobe(R) InDesign(R) and InCopy(R) CS2.
There are pages of recommended spelling of geoscience words, what words to capitalize, and guidelines on hyphenation, punctuation, abbreviations, Latin words and phrases, symbols, numbers, and measures.
Allow only minimal hyphenation when setting your preferences, and eliminate narrow columns that might force awkward line breaks when translated into other languages.