Now Stanford University School of Medicine researchers have, for the first time, identified the molecular basis for a condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy that is the most common cause for this type of sudden cardiac death.
What does HCM stand for?
HCM stands for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (also seen as HCOM; disease)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCM
We have 158 other meanings of HCM in our Acronym Attic
- Honda Canada Manufacturing
- Hord Coplan Macht (design firm; Baltimore, MD)
- Horiko Capital Management (Japan)
- Horizontal Connection Module (energy production)
- House Concurrent Memorial (US Congress)
- Human Capital Management
- Hundred Cubic Meters (volume)
- HVAC Control Module
- Hyaluron Contract Manufacturing (Burlington, MA)
- Hydraulic Control Module
- Hartford County Medical Association (Connecticut)
- Health Choice Massachusetts
- Healthcare Communication and Marketing Association
- Hillsborough County Medical Association (Florida)
- Hospital Chaplains' Ministry of America (now Healthcare Chaplains Ministry Association; Placentia, CA)
- Huron-Clinton Metropark Authority (Brighton, MI)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association
- Hunterdon County Medication Access Partnership (New Jersey)
- Hellenic Capital Market Commission (Greece)
- Henepin County Medical Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Introduction Pre-participation screening aims to qualify athletes for competitive sports and must often discriminate between athlete's heart (AH) and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM).
Ian suffers from potentially fatal hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, the same condition that caused Bolton footballer Fabrice Muamba to collapse last month, and had suffered four heart attacks in two years.
Washington, June 7 (ANI): A study has shown how molecular imaging can help determine the cause of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), a cardiovascular disorder that causes a thickening of the heart muscle, and provide an effective treatment.
Two months ago she was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and since then her health seems to have deteriorated.
HYPERTROPHIC cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart muscle becomes thickened.