3, 2012): After weeks of near-seclusion, Chavez announced that he was travelling to Havana for hyperbaric oxygenation therapy, a treatment designed to reduce radiation therapy-induced bone decay.
What does HBO stand for?
HBO stands for Hyperbaric Oxygenation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBO
We have 39 other meanings of HBO in our Acronym Attic
- High Band Operator
- Historische Bildungsforschung Online (German history of education research website)
- Hoger Beroeps Onderwijs
- Hollywood Bowl Orchestra (California)
- Home Box Office (premium movie channel on USA cable systems)
- Honey Bunches of Oats (cereal)
- Horrible Body Odor
- Huff, Barrington and Owens
- Humboldt, Nebraska (airport code)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen
- Hierarchical Bayesian Optimization Algorithm
- Honda Battle of the Bands (marching band exhibition)
- Harbor Boulevard of Cars
- Hawke's Bay Orienteering Club (New Zealand)
- HBO & Co of Georgia
- Hemoglobin Bovine Oxygen Carrier
- Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carrier
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer
- Horse Breeders and Owners Conference
- Hunter Bird Observers Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maduro said last week that Chavez was doing well and closely following events from Cuba, where he is undergoing sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation, the breathing of pure oxygen in a sealed and pressurized chamber.
Six months after I completed the last radiation therapy treatment, it has been recommended that I begin a special treatment consisting of various sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation," Chavez wrote in a letter read out to the legislature in Caracas.
The use of hyperbaric oxygenation in treating viral hepatitis B and the reaction of the blood leukocytes.
Coverage includes a general overview of hyperbaric oxygenation, disorders approved for hyperbaric treatment, and hyperbaric oxygen used in off-label disorders and investigational areas.
In an attempt to assess the effects of hyperbaric oxygenation, researchers focused on 26 cognitive-only items, which are less dependent on therapist input.
SUMMARY The performance of a proprietary dry suction pleural drainage unit was measured under hyperbaric oxygenation conditions.
Significant neurocognitive dysfunction--a decline of at least 1 standard deviation on any two tests in the battery--was documented in 55% of control subjects and 30% of patients who underwent hyperbaric oxygenation before surgery, according to Dr.