Aminoglycosides approved for use in food animals in the United States include dihydostreptomycin, efrotomycin, hygromycin B, neomycin, spectinomycin, streptomycin, and apramycin (37).
What does Hy stand for?
Hy stands for Hygromycin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Hy
We have 3 other meanings of Hy in our Acronym Attic
- Hypoxanthine/xanthine Oxidase System
- Half Yearly
- Hell Yeah
- Helsingin Yliopisto (Finnish: University of Helsinki)
- Hey Yall
- High Yield Strength (steel)
- Hitler Youth
- Hundred Yards
- Uzbekistan Havo Yullary (Uzbekistan Airways, IATA airline code)
- Hoehn and Yahr stage I
- Hylleraas-Configuration Interaction
- Hylleraas-Configuration Interaction Valence Bond
- High Dynamics Vehicles Project
- Hybrid Single Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectories
- Handicapped Young Adults (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Ltd. (Glenview, IL)
- Histocompatibility Y Antigen
- Homeless Youth Alliance (San Francisco, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the experiments carried out by Dr, Chen, a small ring of DNA carrying a gene for resistance to the antibiotic, hygromycin B, was transferred to the Agrobacterium bacterium.
ABSTRACT Kryptolebias marmoratus embryos were tested for susceptibility to hygromycin B under various concentrations prior to the late blastula stage of development.
3:45 RETROVIRAL-MEDIATED TRANSFER AND EXPRESSION OF THE NEOMYCIN AND HYGROMYCIN B DRUG RESISTANCE GENES.
Capillaria worms and cecal worms are often treated with Hygromycin, and tapeworms with Butynorate.
Chinese ha mster ovary fibroblasts were transfected with plasmids and stablely transfected lines were selected based on their resistance to hygromycin.