In 2004 he was thrilled to be honoured by the UK Hydrographic Office, which named a new archive repository The Ritchie Building at Taunton.
What does HO stand for?
HO stands for Hydrographic Office
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HO
We have 13 other meanings of HO in our Acronym Attic
- Homeowners (multiple line insurance policy covering both property and liability for homeowners)
- Honduras (Swan Islands)
- Honest Opinion
- Horizontal Overscan
- Hospitalisation d'Office (French)
- Hostilities Only
- House Officer
- Humanitarian Operation
- Hurst Olds (automobile)
- 10.1152/ajprenal.00140.2001.-Heme oxygenase-1
- Heme Oxygenase Isozyme-1
- Heme oxygenase type 2
- High Order-Domain Specific Part
- Higher-Order Finite-Difference Time-Domain
- High-Order Variant of the Generalized Extended Born Approximation
- Higher-Order Optical Channel Data Unit
- Hydrographic Office, Washington, DC
- Heme Oxygenase 1
- Heme Oxygenase-2
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other sources include some of the most important maritime archives of the world, including the Library of Congress and the Hispanic Society of America in the United States, as well as the National Maritime Museum, Admiralty Library, and Hydrographic Office.
The UK Hydrographic Office have placed a warning on the chart covering the area regarding the possibility of dangerous waves.
Some of the largest employers include government agencies, such as Ordnance Survey, the Hydrographic Office and Military Survey and commercial mapping companies and map publishers.
After being renamed HMS Endurance it patrolled and surveyed the Antarctic and South Atlantic, forming close links with links with the Foreign Office, United Kingdom Hydrographic Office and the British Antarctic Survey.
Among the exhibits are some of Cook's earliest charts from the UK Hydrographic Office, rarely seen in public.