Among their topics are hydrogen reactions on nanostructured surfaces, designing palladium-based alloy electrocatalysts for hydrogen oxidation reaction in fuel cells, biocathodes for dioxygen reduction in biofuel cells, the importance of enzymes as benchmarkes for electrocatalysts, an approach to microbial fuel cells and their applications, fuel cells with neat proton-conducting salt electrolytes, the electronic structure and reactivity of transition metal complexes, understanding electrocatalysts for low-temperature fuel cells, and the operando X-ray absorption spectroscopy of polymer electrolyte fuel cells, ([c]2010 Book News, Inc.
What does HOR stand for?
HOR stands for Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction (chemistry)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HOR
We have 20 other meanings of HOR in our Acronym Attic
- Higher Order Rewriting
- Higher-Order Representation (consciousness theory)
- Home Of Record
- Homie Onda Regular (musical group)
- Horror (movies genre)
- Horta, Azores, Portugal (airport code)
- House of Rahl (Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series)
- House of Representatives
- Humber Oil Refinery (NE Lincolnshire, UK)
- Health Occupations Revision Act
- Health Organizational Research Association (conference)
- Hybrid Object-Relational Architecture (computing)
- Holographic Optical Random Access Memory
- Homeland Operations Recommended Budget
- Historic Offshore Race Boat Association (Boca Raton, FL)
- Hotel or Residential Systems Based on Interactive Terminals
- Heads of Research Councils
- Hellenic Offshore Racing Club (Piraeus, Greece)
- Hitachi Open Remote Copy
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since Sir William Grove built the first fuel cell in 1839, manyvarieties have come along, each distinguished by the electrolyte -- or chief chemical conductor -- used to promote the hydrogen oxidation reaction.