Ultimately, the cable will be used to relay real-time data and communications between shipboard researchers and a deep-sea vehicle under construction called the Hybrid Remotely Operated Vehicle (HROV).
What does HROV stand for?
HROV stands for Hybrid Remotely Operated Vehicle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HROV in our Acronym Attic
- Hotel Reservation Online Service
- Hampton Roads Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (Virginia)
- Hawkeye Report Off Topic (internet message board)
- Honda Riders of Tidewater (Norfolk, VA)
- Hot Rodders of Tomorrow (est. 2008)
- Hotel Room Occupancy Tax (New York City)
- Human Rights Office in Tuzla (Bosnia-Hercegovina)
- Hydraulic Retarder Oil Temperature
- Heineken Race of the Classics
- Hampton Roads Oracle Users Group (Virginia)
- Halden Reactor Project (OECD)
- Handset Release Program (software)
- Happy Relationship Paranoia
- Hardware Reference Platform (PowerPC)
- Harm Reduction Program (various organizations)
- Harmonie Royale Policière de Charleroi (Belgium)
- Health Research and Policy
- Heat Resisting Paint
- Helicopter Reference Point
- High Rate Protection (Tadiran)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The vehicle--now known as the Hybrid Remotely Operated Vehicle, or HROV--will have a depth range of 36,000 feet (11,000 meters).