In addition to the project on Small Arms and Light Weapons, the program focuses on humanitarian mine action, and psychosocial support for children affected by the conflict.
What does HMA stand for?
HMA stands for Humanitarian Mine Action (US DoD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMA
We have 205 other meanings of HMA in our Acronym Attic
- Hispanic Male Adult
- History of Medicine Associates (Arkansas)
- Hitachi Metals America (Purchase, NY)
- Honolulu Marathon Association (Honolulu, HI)
- Hot Mix Asphalt
- Hotel Management Agreement
- Hotel Managers Association
- House Music Awards
- Housing Market Analysis
- Hull-Mounted Array
- Hunterdon Museum of Art (Clinton, NJ)
- Hydro-Mechanical Metering Assembly (turbine engine component)
- Malmo, Sweden - Malmo Harbour (Airport Code)
- Marine Attack Helicopter
- Hawaii Management Alliance Association (Honolulu, HI)
- Hotel Motel and Accommodation Association (Australia)
- Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association (Houston, TX)
- Human Melanoma-Associated Antigen
- Hungarian Medical Association of America (Amherst, NY)
- Hunter Museum of American Art
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United States involvement in humanitarian demining began in 1988 in Afghanistan and expanded with the establishment of the United States Humanitarian Mine Action Program in 1993.
5 million in Humanitarian Mine Action assistance to Jordan for programs like this one.
By John Actually August 29, 2008 (MUNDRI TOWN) a" Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) started demining action in Mundri county since 6/6/2008 to set the local population free from the dangers NPA demining team in a workshop in Mundri (Photo NPA) The NPA is working in southern Sudan since 1986, its programme has four main components: Food Security & Rural Livelihoods , Humanitarian Mine Action , Health & Medical Training and Development Programme.
It adds the terms explosive hazard, humanitarian mine action, and obstacle intelligence.
AICMA is coordinated by the Office of Humanitarian Mine Action, OAS Department for the Prevention of Threats against Public Security.