Other beneficiaries include UNICEF, which will receive $8 million for its assistance programs for displaced persons and other vulnerable populations in conflict-affected communities, as well as initiatives aimed at reducing malaria morbidity in Sudan, while the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) will receive $6 million for humanitarian aid and the World Food Programme (WFP) $5 million for humanitarian air services.
What does HAS stand for?
HAS stands for Humanitarian Air Service (UN)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HAS
We have 253 other meanings of HAS in our Acronym Attic
- Hospital Accreditation Standards
- Hospitality and Accommodation Services (various agencies)
- Hot Air Sauna
- Hour Angle of the Sun
- Houston Airport System
- Hrvatski Atletski Savez (Croatian Athletic Federation)
- HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) Adaptive Streaming
- Human Activity Systems
- Human Audio Sponge (band)
- Human-As-Sensor (military)
- Hydraulic Actuator System
- Hydrometeorological Analysis and Support
- Hyper Amorphous Silicon (TFT LCD)
- Hyperion Sensor Assembly
- Hyaluronic Acid Synthase 2
- Hawaii Amateur Surfing Association
- Hearing & Speech Agency
- Henneth Annun Story Archive (moderated Lord of the Rings fanfiction)
- High Altitude SIGINT Architecture
- Highly Accelerated Stress Audit
Samples in periodicals archive:
United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) flights carrying aid workers and donors into the country have been operated by WFP since May this year, as commercial flights have been unable to fly into Libya.
They were working for WFP's United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) as employees of the Heli Air company "Throughout their detention, WFP was assured that they were safe and well.
The WFP managed United Nations Humanitarian Air Service will also benefit from Japans generous donation.
I can only confirm that three crew members working for the UN humanitarian air service, contracted to the WFP, were abducted in Nyala town on Thursday," WFP spokesman Amor Almagro said.
Summary: Thanks to a fast response by donors, the humanitarian air service which flies aid workers to critical areas in Sudan will continue running until the end of September.
Charles Vincent, the representative in Kabul for the World Food Programme, which manages the UN Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS), said that the decision was a precaution more than anything else and not prompted by any security concerns.