EMHRN: Human rights, in particular gender equality and the draft NGO law were addressed during the meeting between Ashton and Morsi during her latest visit to Cairo (AFP Photo) The current non-governmental organisation (NGO) draft law should be repealed, said the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN) on Thursday.
What does HURINET stand for?
HURINET stands for Human Rights Network (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Human Rights and Environment Forum (est. 1996; Nepal)
- Human Rights and Extreme Poverty Project (academic network; Norway)
- Hurricane Report
- Hurricane Evacuation
- Highway-User Revenue Fund (Arizona Department of Transportation)
- Hughes Undergraduate Research Fellow (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute
- Hosei University Research Institute California
- Asia-Pacific Human Rights Information Center
- Human Rights Legal Services
- Human Rights Institute of South Africa
- Hopkins Undergraduate Research Journal (John Hopkins University)
- Halifax Ultimate Recreational League (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Hawai'i Undersea Research Laboratory
- Hawaii Undersea Research Lab (oceanography)
- Hughes Undergraduate Research Laboratory (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Human Relations and Multicultural Education
- Humor Research Lab (Colorado)
- Hypertext Usenet Reader and Linker
- Human Rights Organization of Bhutan
Samples in periodicals archive:
DAMASCUS, (SANA) The Syrian Human Rights Network condemned the acts of violence witnessed in Egypt after the Muslim Brotherhood transformed peaceful political competition over power into political violence and armed conflict across Egypt.
Addressing the gathering, Chairman of Qatar's National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) Ali Al-Marri stressed the significance of the gathering as the first activity for the Arab Human Rights Network since it was established.
Sahara Development Foundation, Human Development Organisation, Rural Development Project, Integrated Human Rights Network, Aurat Foundation and Aurat Association have called upon the government to ensure that the six people are not harmed.
Abdul Rahman Hotaki, the chairman of the Afghan Organisation for Human Rights and Environmental Protection (AOHREP), Naeem Nazari, the head of Afghan Civil Society Human Rights Network (CSHRN), Latif Nazari, a teacher at Kabul University and Mehbooba Siraj, the Afghan Women's Rights and Civil Society Organisation chief, participated in the round-table.
Over the past years, Iraq has worked to build a strong human rights network and started a strategy to minimize poverty, help women to develop their status, countering violence and combating unemployment," he noted.
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN), the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM), the European Network Against Racism (ENAR) and Migreurop-Frontline Defenders sent representatives to attend the trial and hold meetings with relevant officials.
Summary: Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN) and its member organisations in Algeria - the Action Group of Families of the Disappeared in Algeria (Collectif des Familles de Disparus en Algerie, CFDA) and the Algerian Human Rights League (Ligue Algerienne pour la defense des droits de l'Homme, LADDH) - believe that the proposed legislation on associations does not guarantee the rights of Algerian associations as set out in the international treaties ratified by Algeria, recalling that under the Algerian Constitution, these treaties have precedence over national legislation.