Human Rights Impact Assessments The African Institute of Corporate Citizenship (AICC) seeks to promote the use of Human Rights Impact Assessments (HRIAs) by stakeholders as a means of assessing a company's performance.
What does HRIA stand for?
HRIA stands for Human Rights Impact Assessment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HRIA
We have 8 other meanings of HRIA in our Acronym Attic
- Human Rights Institute (various organizations)
- Human Rights Internet (Ottawa, Canada)
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Humanitarian Relief Initiative
- Hyundai Research Institute
- Honda Research Institute Japan
- Hampton Roads Internet Association (Virginia)
- High Resolution Image Analysis (medical technology)
- Horticulture Research International Association
- Hot Rod Industry Alliance (Specialty Equipment Market Association)
- Human Rights International Alliance
- Hasty Reconnaissance/Initial Action Phase
- Hampton Roads Independent Baptist Church
- Holifield Radioactive Ion Beam Facility
- Hamilton Regional Indian Centre (est. 1972; Canada)
- Health Research Innovation Centre (University of Calgary; Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Human Resource Investment Council (various states)
- Human Rights in China (est. 1989)
- Human Rights Institute of Canada (Institut Canadien des Droits Humains)
- Hungarian Research Institute of Canada (University of Toronto; history and social sciences)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Public and private sector actors must exercise due diligence, including by conducting human rights impact assessments.
Dr James Harrison of Warwick University's School of Law said: "At the Centre for Human Rights in Practice we have been examining human rights impact assessments from all over the world, including here in the UK.