But of the 23 groups who had signed on, more than half had "gay" and/or "lesbian" in the title; the rest were either well-known gay rights organizations such as Lambda, the Human Rights Campaign Fund, Dignity, and the Log Cabin Republicans, or else staunch liberal groups such as NOW and the ACLU.
What does HRCF stand for?
HRCF stands for Human Rights Campaign Fund (formerly Human Rights Campaign, HRC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HRCF
We have 1 other meaning of HRCF in our Acronym Attic
- Human Renal Cortical Epithelial Cells
- Habitat Restoration Cost Estimation Model (watershed management)
- Human Rights City Edmonton Project (Canada)
- Harvard-Radcliffe Christian Fellowship (Cambridge, MA)
- High Reliability Certified Flow
- Himalayan Research and Cultural Foundation
- Historic Racing Club de France (French sports car club)
- Historic Rally Club Finland
- Holy Rosary Colleges Foundation (Philippines)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- Hawaii Research Center for Futures Studies
- Home Replacement Cost Guarantee
- Hood River County Government
- Houston Residential Commercial Glass and Mirror (Spring, TX)
- High Resolution Capillary Gas Chromatography
- Human Resources and Corporate Governance Committee
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health (Flemington, NJ)
- Hood River County Historical Museum (Hood River, OR)
- Hamon Research-Cottrell Italia (Milan, Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1980 With financial backing from Republican Dallas Coors and Advocate publisher David Goodstein, among others, Steve Endean, Jim Foster, and Larry Bye help launch the Human Rights Campaign Fund (now the Human Rights Campaign).
Gay leaders like to smooth over differences between the ascendant mainstream organizations such as the Human Rights Campaign Fund and such activist groups as Queer Nation and ACT-UP--what some call the Suits vs.
Williams later signs the initial fundraising letter for the Human Rights Campaign Fund.