We call on States to gradually abolish the administrative detention of migrants and establish alternative measures to detention, applying human rights based approach," the experts added.
What does HRBA stand for?
HRBA stands for Human Rights Based Approach
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HRBA
We have 3 other meanings of HRBA in our Acronym Attic
- Human Rights Bibliography
- Human Rights Bureau (Montana DOL&I)
- Humanities Research Board (UK)
- Rockwell Hardness B Scale (also seen as Hardness Rockwell B)
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association (Virginia)
- Havana Rabbit Breeders Association
- Historic Red Bluff Association (California)
- HoofBeats Rare Breed Association
- HrvatskiBarokni Ansambl (Hungarian)
- Human Resources Benchmarking Association
- Humboldt River Basin Assessment (Nevada)
- Hunt's Retreat Benevolent Association (Pennsylvania)
- Human Rights-Based Approaches to Programming
- Hardened Red Blood Cells
- Harford Reptile Breeding Center (Bel Air, MD)
- High-Risk Breast Cancer (oncology)
- Homologous Red Blood Cell (hematology)
- Human Red Blood Cell
- Human Resources Business Center (US Army)
- Human Resource Benefits Call Center (Naval personnel services)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Action Aid follows a Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) in its programme and policy work.
The UAE hosted in December 2011 the regional workshop on human rights based approach for combating human trafficking" organized by the Ministry of Interior's Human Rights Department in collaboration with the United Nation Human Rights Training and Documentation Center for the South-West Asia and the Arab Region.
In January 2011, the Public Health Advocacy Institute of Northeastern University, School of Law in collaboration with Professor Ruth Oniang'o and the Institute for Legislative Affairs, convened a roundtable discussion on integrating the human rights based approach and the Millennium Development Goals to Kenya's Tobacco Control efforts.
It uses a human rights based approach and focuses on four broad outcome areas: (i) Democratic Governance (ii) Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment; (iii) Population and Basic Social Services; and (iv) Pro-Poor Economic Growth that generates employment for the poor population.
Trainers will need to provide the participants with information on the key elements of a human rights based approach and the SRHR that are protected under the various human rights instruments and documents, since this is a fairly technical and emerging area and the participants' level of knowledge may vary.
However, a PSNI spokesman said the force is recognised as a "world leader in the human rights based approach to policing".
Because of this, we have been at the forefront of the shift towards a human rights based approach to equalities.