[GRAPHIC OMITTED] Start with the amount of observed population improvement from 1980 to 2007 obtained through the Human Mortality Database, and adjust for both the impact of smoking cessation through this period and the socioeconomic differences between the general population and an insured-lives population.
What does HMD stand for?
HMD stands for Human Mortality Database
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMD
We have 83 other meanings of HMD in our Acronym Attic
- Hold Me Down
- Hollow Metal Door
- Holocaust Memorial Day (various locations)
- Holographic Media Disk
- Hoof and Mouth Disease
- Horace Mundy Chapter (International Order of Demolay)
- Horizontal Magnetic Dipole
- Hot Metal Desulphurization (metallurgy)
- Hot Metal Detector (various companies)
- Hull Motion Dynamics
- Hyaline Membrane Disease
- Hybrid Mass Damper
- Hydraulic Mean Depth
- Hyperspectral Mine Detection (DARPA)
- Hexamethylene Diamine (chemistry)
- High Mobility DGM Assemblage
- Hitchhiker Motorized Door Assembly
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act of 1974
- Huntington Municipal Development Authority (est. 1984; Huntington, WV)
- Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Oskar Burger of the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock, Germany, and colleagues analyzed previously gathered data on chimpanzees, modern hunter-gatherer societies in parts of Africa and South America, and people in the Human Mortality Database for Japan, Sweden and France.
The data were extracted from modern indigenous societies in Africa and South Africa as well as the Human Mortality Database for Japan, France, and Sweden.