Mark LaBarge, a cell and molecular biologist in Berkeley Lab's Life Sciences Division, and Mina Bissell, a Berkeley Lab Distinguished Scientist also with the Life Sciences Division, carried out a unique study of normal human mammary epithelial cells that had been enriched into pools of the two principal lineages that make up breast tissue - the milk-producing luminals and the myoepithelials that blanket them.
What does HMEC stand for?
HMEC stands for Human Mammary Epithelial Cell
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMEC
We have 5 other meanings of HMEC in our Acronym Attic
- Human Monocytic Erlichiosis
- Hundred Megabit Ethernet
- Heat and Moisture Exchanger/Hygroscopic Condenser Humidifier
- Hartford Municipal Employees Association (Hartford, CT)
- Horace Mann Educational Associates, Inc. (North Grafton, MA)
- Hot Bearing Main Engine (Navy)
- High-Moisture Ear Corn (agriculture)
- Hindu Mandir Executives' Conference
- Horace Mann Educators Corporation (insurance holding company)
- Human Dermal Microvascular Endothelial Cell (aka Human Microvascular Dermal Endothelial Cell; also seen as HMVEC and HMVEC-d)
- Hybrid Multi-Level Error Control
- Human Dermal Microvascular Endothelial Cell Line
- Hamilton Municipal Employees' Credit Union (now Healthcare and Municipal Employees Credit Union; Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Healthcare and Municipal Employees Credit Union (Canada)
- Heavy Military Electronics Division
- Home-Made Explosive Device
- High Mobility Engineer Excavator
- Heat and Moisture Exchanging Filter
- His Mercy Endures Forever (Mike Harrison song)
- HSBC (Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation) Midcap Equity Fund (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Experiments show that 5000 cells/ chamber of human mammary epithelial cell lines (MCF10A) in chamber slide is optimal for the 3D formation of acini morphology or mammosphere during 20 days.