It is intended for patients with MCD who do not have HIV or human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8).
What does HHV8 stand for?
HHV8 stands for Human Herpes Virus 8 (causative agent of Kaposi''s sarcoma)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HHV8 in our Acronym Attic
- Help Hospitalized Veterans (Winchester, CA)
- High Heating Value
- Higher Heating Value
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Human Herpes Virus
- Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle (fuel economy)
- Human Herpes Virus Type 1
- Human Herpes Virus Type 6
- Human Herpes Virus 1 (also seen as herpes simplex virus 1)
- Human Herpes Virus 6
- Human Hepatitis B Virus
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Hearing Handicapped/Visually Impaired
- Human Hookworm Vaccine Initiative (Sabin Vaccine Institute, Washington DC)
- Hertog Hendrik van Lotharingen
- Hip Hop Virtual Machine
- Haarlemse Honkbal Week (Netherlands)
- Hamilton High West
- Heating Hot Water
- High High Water (same as HW springs)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bu oigu, dermatoloji alaninda sik kullanilan kortikosteroid ve immun-supresif tedaviler sonrasi Human Herpes Virus 8 (HHV-8)'in aktivasyonu ile iyatrojenik KS gelisebilecegni ve bu tedaviler sonlandinIchginda klinik tabloda gerileme gorulebilecegini vurgulamak amaciyla sunuldu.
Marrow failure associated with human herpes virus 8 infection after transplantation.
The findings, published in the August issue of Nature Medicine, raise hopes that Kaposi's sarcoma can be prevented if effective drugs or vaccines can be developed to counter human herpes virus 8 (HHV8), said the University of California, San Francisco, scientists.
Human herpes virus 8 is associated with several malignant disorders, such as Kaposi's sarcoma, primary effusion lymphoma and Castleman's disease.