The total number of genes used by people has been debated ever since the initial analyses of the human genome sequence 2 years ago indicated that people have just 30,000 to 40,000 genes, rather than the 75,000 to 100,000 genes that many scientists had predicted.
What does HG stand for?
HG stands for Human Genome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HG
We have 28 other meanings of HG in our Acronym Attic
- Home Grown
- Home Grown (band)
- Home Guard (UK)
- Homing Guidance
- Horizontal Gaze (test)
- Horizontal Gradient (gravity and magnetics)
- Hot Gas
- Hot Girl
- Hour Glass
- Hudson Guild (Settlement House, New York City)
- Humana Global
- Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins book)
- Hydrargentum/Hydrargyrion (Mercury)
- Hydrogen Generator
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Hyperglide (Shimano Chain and Cogs)
- Mercury (chemical element)
- Oxidation-Hydride Generation-Atomic Absorption Spectrometric
- High Grade Anal Squamous Intraepithelial Neoplasia
- High Nuclear Grade Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
Samples in periodicals archive:
LIFE SCRIPT: How the Human Genome Discoveries Will Transform Medicine and Enhance Your Health by Nicholas Wade Simon & Schuster, $24.
The sequencing of the human genome is only the tip of the iceberg.
What's the Human Genome Project and why should I care?
This is years ahead of the original schedule set by the government-funded Human Genome Project, but stiff competition from the private sector, particularly from Celera Genomics, is now setting the pace of scientific discovery.