It has a human factors division that tests how passengers and TSA screeners interact with new technologies.
What does HFD stand for?
HFD stands for Human Factors Division (US DHS)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HFD
We have 70 other meanings of HFD in our Acronym Attic
- Henrietta Fire District (New York)
- High-Frequency Detection (machinery)
- Hike for Discovery (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society)
- Honolulu Fire Department (Honolulu, HI)
- Horse Heads Fire Department (New York)
- House of Flying Daggers (movie)
- Houston Fire Department
- Hrvatsko Farmaceutsko Društvo (Croatian Pharmaceutical Society)
- HSA (Health Savings Account) Funding Distribution (IRS)
- Hulbert Financial Digest (newsletter)
- Hartree-Fock Dispersion-B
- Hartree-Fock-Dispersion with Repulsive Self Consistent Field Component
- Heparin Fractions Depleted of Anticoagulant Activity
- Haryana Forest Development Corporation (India)
- Hawaii Family Dental Centers
- Half Frequency Division Duplex
- Human Fibroblast-Derived Dermal Substitute
- High Frequency Digital Electronics Group
- High Frequency Data in Finance (conference)
- High Frequency Direction Finder/Finding
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the paper, the human factors division has spent nearly 20 million dollars to experiment with micro-expressions, or super-quick flickers of facial muscles, that may - or may not - indicate hostile intent.
This is something we take very seriously," said COL Paris Mack, chief of Human Factors Division, Human Resources and Policy Directorate.
Federal Data Corporation continues to perform for the FAA and the National Airspace System on prime contracts that include the Traffic Management System Contract (TMS), the Service Operations Support Contract (SOS-4), the Aviation Simulation and Human Factors Division (ACT-500), the Traffic Management System Phase II Enhancements (TMS P2E), and the VOLPE National Transportation Systems Center Support (VNTSC) contract.
The screener's response is then evaluated as part of continuing studies being conducted by the FAA Human Factors division under the Screener Performance Evaluation and Reporting System ("SPEARS") program.