Here's an actual example: "The variable number tandem repeats (VNTR) polymorphism in exon III of the human dopamine D4 receptor gene (DRD4) has been correlated with an array of behavioral phenotypes.
What does hD4 stand for?
hD4 stands for Human Dopamine D4
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- High Density Wood Wool Cement Board
- High Density/High Availability (Motorola)
- High Demand/Low Density
- Horizontal Deflection/Vertical Deflection
- Hard Drive Zero (Amiga)
- Histone Deacetylase 1
- Human Dopamine D2
- Home Decor 2 Your Door
- Histone Deacetylase 3 (human gene)
- Human Dopamine D3