Detection of a novel human coronavirus by real-time reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction.
What does HCoV stand for?
HCoV stands for Human Coronavirus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hepatitis C Outreach Project (Portland, OR)
- HGNC Comparison of Orthology Predictions
- Human Capital Operational Plan (US FEMA)
- Hague Conference on Private International Law
- Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter (Scientology)
- Heart Center of the Rockies (Colorado)
- Honorary Colonel Of the Regiment
- Helsinki Corpus of Older Scots (Finland)
- Heritage Christian Online School
- Helically Coiled Open Tube
Samples in periodicals archive:
Four to five different currently known strains of coronaviruses infect humans and the most publicised human coronavirus, Sars-CoV which causes Sars, has a unique pathogenesis because it causes both upper and lower respiratory tract infections and can also cause gastroenteritis.
Known human coronaviruses include human coronavirus, human enteric coronavirus and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus.
A novel type of human coronavirus (SARSCoV) was identified to be the etiologic agent of SARS (1-3).
Viruses from the lung tissue in Toronto patients readily infected monkey kidney cells, and no known human coronavirus infects that cell line.
Perhaps it is a mutated form of one of the two known species of human coronavirus.
Prof Eccles's view is backed up by a study in Hong Kong which found strong evidence that a new kind of human coronavirus is the main cause of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, or Sars.
Scientists in Hong Kong found strong evidence that a new kind of human coronavirus is the main cause of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.