Included in these treatments is the use of human chorionic gonadotropin for the treatment of obesity.
What does HCG stand for?
HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCG
We have 245 other meanings of HCG in our Acronym Attic
- Hentai Computer Graphics
- Hickson Compact Group (galaxies)
- High Country Gardens (New Mexico)
- Hoefler Consulting Group
- Holiday Cottages Group Ltd. (UK)
- Home Cell Group (Christianity)
- Hoover Criminal Gang
- Hoover Crip Gang
- Horizontal location of center of gravity
- Human Capital Group (various locations)
- Human Communications Group
- HUMINT Coordination Group (now CJ2X)
- Huron Consulting Group, Inc (Providence, RI)
- Human Chorion Gonadotropin Beta Subunit
- Hammersmith Community Garden Association
- Healthcare Group of Arizona
- Hamilton County Great Banquet (Christian program; Hamilton County, IN)
- Helicopter Club of Great Britain (Banbury, Oxfordshire, England, UK)
- Hovercraft Club of Great Britain (UK)
- Haematopoietic Cell Growth Factor
Samples in periodicals archive:
1) Following the instructions in the package insert, researchers tested each brand six times with five concentrations of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), the hormone produced by the placenta that is an early indicator of pregnancy.
Elevations in alpha-fetoprotein, human chorionic gonadotropin, and dimeric in-hibin A levels at 15-20 weeks' gestation appear to be associated with a significantly increased risk of preeclampsia later in gestation, said Dr.
AVI's clinical evaluation of human chorionic gonadotropin indicates that it may be a target with significant potential as a cancer treatment.