Lead researcher Dlawer Ala'Aldeen, Professor of Clinical Microbiology and Head of the Molecular Bacteriology and Immunology Group at the Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, says that the research team's discovery shows that all three pathogens target the same receptor on human cerebrovascular endothelial cells - the specialised filtering system that protects our brain from disease - to enable the organisms to cross the blood-brain barrier.
What does HCEC stand for?
HCEC stands for Human Cerebrovascular Endothelial Cell
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCEC
We have 12 other meanings of HCEC in our Acronym Attic
- Hound Club of East Anglia (UK; show dog owners)
- Hamilton County Environmental Action Commission (Cincinnati, OH)
- Hamburg Convention Event Bureau (Hamburg, Germany)
- Harman Continuing Education Building (Provo, UT)
- Hotels and Catering Establishments Board (Malta)
- Housing Consortium of the East Bay (Oakland, CA)
- Hawaii Counseling and Education Center
- Hawthorn Community Education Centre (Victoria, Australia)
- Human Capillary Endothelial Cell
- Human Cerebral Endothelial Cell
- Human Conjunctival Epithelial Cell
- Human Corneal Epithelial Cell
- Hickman County Economic and Community Development Association (Centerville, TN)
- Health Council of East Central Florida, Inc.
- Homeschool Cooperative Educating in Central Florida
- Homeschool Cooperative of East Central Florida (Orlando, FL)
- Health Care Ethics Consortium of Georgia (Emory University)
- Harvard Committee on Employment and Contracting Policies
- Hand Controller Engage Driver
- Housing, Community, and Economic Development (university curriculum; various locations)