Government: A new proposal by a group of leading researchers calls for the creation of a Human Cancer Genome Project.
What does HCGP stand for?
HCGP stands for Human Cancer Genome Project
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HCGP
We have 2 other meanings of HCGP in our Acronym Attic
- Helm Capital Group, Inc.
- Highly Credible Gastrointestinal Illness (epidemiology)
- Human Cardiac Gap Junction
- Hindustan Ciba-Geigy Ltd
- Historical Collections of the Great Lakes (Ohio)
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin-Like Substance
- Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence (various locations; also seen as CGNE)
- Heavy Coker Gas Oil
- Harris County Green Party (political party; Texas)
- Human Cancer Genetics Program (Ohio State University)
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptor
- Human Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide
- Human Calcitonin Gene-Related Product
- Harrison County Genealogical Society (Woodbine, IA)
- Helpful Critical Guy Syndrome (Scott Adams)
- Henry County Genealogical Services (Indiana)
- Highlands County Genealogical Society (Florida)
- Hope Creek Generating Station
- Hubbard Center for Genome Studies (est. 2001; University of New Hampshire)
- H. Consejo General Universitario (Spanish: H. University General Council; Universidad de Guadalajara; Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dr Mike Stratton, boss of the Human Cancer Genome Project at Wellcome's Sanger Centre, said: "I'd be surprised if children born today didn't have a much better chance of surviving cancer than people of our generation.
Dr Mike Stratton, head of the Human Cancer Genome Project at the Wellcome Trust's Sanger Centre, near Cambridge, adds: "I would be surprised if children born today did not have a much better chance of surviving their cancer than people of our generation.