The authors report that exposure to Cr(VI) induced COX-2 expression in both normal human bronchial epithelial cells and mouse embryonic fibroblasts in a concentration-and time-dependent mariner.
What does HBE1 stand for?
HBE1 stands for Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Houston Black Expo
- HTML Batch Editor
- Human Behavioral Ecology
- Human Being Extraordinaire
- Human Bronchial Epithelial
- Human-Based Education
- Humboldt Builders' Exchange, Inc.
- Hundt Business-Engineering (Germany)
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble (music group)
- Hypotensive and/or Bradycardic Events
- Hawaii Building Engineers Association (Honolulu, HI)
- Hepatitis B E Antigen and Antibody
- Hepatitis B Virus Early Antigen
- Heritage Bank East Bay (California)
- Healthier Black Elders Center (Detroit, MI)
- Human Biliary Epithelial Cell
- Human Brain Endothelial Cell
- Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells
- Human Cerebromicrovascular Endothelial Cell
- HudBay Exploration and Development (company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PIMA induces the MUC5AC respiratory mucin in human bronchial epithelial cells via PKC, EGF/IGE-alpha, Ras/Raf, MEK, REK and Spl -dependent mechanisms.
Ultrafine carbon particles induce interleukin-8 gene transcription and p38 MAPK activation in normal human bronchial epithelial cells.
982) used RT-PCR and ELISA, respectively, to investigate IL-8 mRNA and protein expression in primary human bronchial epithelial cells and in the human bronchial epithelial cell line BEAS-2B.
METHODS: We determined IL-8 mRNA and protein expression in primary human bronchial epithelial cells and the BEAS-2B human bronchial epithelial cell line using reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction and the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, respectively.
1745) hypothesized that respiratory effects of particulate matter (PM) air pollution may be mediated by altered miRNA expression in airway epithelial cells and used microarray profile analysis and quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction assays to evaluate miRNA expression in differentiated human bronchial epithelial cells exposed to diesel exhaust particles (DEP).