We previously established that Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C), a natural hydrolysis product of glucobrassicin in cruciferous vegetables, arrests the proliferation of estrogen-dependent human breast cancer cells and induces protein degradation of Estrogen Receptor-alpha (ER[alpha]).
What does T47D stand for?
T47D stands for Human Breast Cancer Cells
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Terminator 4 (movie)
- Thyroxine (thyroid hormone)
- Topological Space (mathematics; topology)
- Turbocharged 4 cylinder (Volvo)
- Tools for Technologically Enhanced Education
- Tea for Two
- temperature of 42.0 degrees C
- Tomoyo42's Room (web comic)
- 644 Voice Circuit Leased Line (DS3, AT&T Terminology)
- Train 48 (Canadian TV Show)
- Together for Adoption
- Training for Business Professionals (Canada)
- Terminate for Convenience (government contracting)
- The Fourth Coming (computer game)
- Technologies for Conservation and Development (Fauna & Flora International and Resource Africa)
- Team for Delirium (e-gaming team)
- Telemployment for the Disabled (project)
- Termination for Default
- Thought for the Day (Internet slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cancerous cells disappeared when they were injected into a mouse implanted with human breast cancer cells, it said.
The team from the California Pacific Medical Center, in San Francisco, first spotted its potential five years ago, after it stopped the proliferation of human breast cancer cells in the lab, the report said.
Positive controls included MCF-7 human breast cancer cells (which express the estrogen receptors ER-[alpha] and ER-[beta]) and SKBR3 breast cancer cells (which express HER2, a receptor that can be overexpressed in certain malignant breast cancer cells).
More than 650 miRNAs have been identified but in the present study one, designated miR-31, was found to be specifically attenuated in aggressive human breast cancer cells (MDA-MB-231) by more than 100fold compared to non-metastatic tumour cells (e.
In an article published in Nature Cell Biology, the scientists said they injected two kinds of human breast cancer cells into mice.
This is why the goal of this study was to explore the ability of black cohosh extracts to inhibit the growth of cancer in human breast cancer cells and also to determine the active chemical components responsible for this activity.
The researchers tested these targeted contrast agents by injecting them into the tail veins of mice that had human breast cancer cells implanted in their thighs.