They found that while normal pneumococci were able to bind, enter and penetrate through human brain microvascular endothelial cells, mutant bacteria lacking the NanA protein -or those expressing only a truncated version of the protein - largely lost these abilities.
What does HBMEC stand for?
HBMEC stands for Human Brain Microvascular Endothelial Cell
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBMEC
- Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center (Waco, TX)
- Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission (aka English Heritage; UK)
- Home Based Mothers Card
- Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission for England
- Heartland Bernese Mountain Dog Club (est. 1990; Lincoln, NE)
- Hanson Building Materials Europe
- HSBC (Hong Kong and Shangai Banking Corporation) Bank Middle East (various locations)
- Human Bone Marrow Endothelial
- Hector Battifora Mesothelial 1 (pathology)
- Human Bone Marrow Endothelial Cell (hematology)
- Hawaii Book and Music Festival (Kaneohe)
- Home Based Management of Fever
- Human Bone Marrow Fibroblast
- Hawkes Bay Masters Games, Inc. (New Zealand)
- Human Bone Matrix Gelatin
- Heavy Branch Machine Gun Corps (UK)
- Home Based Mental Health Services
- Hybrid Brain-Machine Interface
- Hypocellular Bone Marrow and Increased Blasts
- Housing Benefit Management Information System (UK Parliament)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Observations following exposing human brain microvascular endothelial cells (HBMEC) to baculovirus expressed HIV-1 Nef protein revealed that Nef is capable of inducing apoptosis of these cells in a dose dependent manner (68).
45), in the only study we identified as comparable to this one, showed that human brain microvascular endothelial cells exposed to cocaine (up to 200 [micro]mol/L) for 2 h exhibited increased DNA binding of RelA and p50.