1) Despite issues with these materials, the bone graft and bone substitute market continues to be driven by: * Surgeon need to increase fusion rates * Spine procedure volume growth * The arrival of growth factors * New bone implant products The market currently has five segments: allograft, demineralized bone matrix (DBM), bone graft substitutes, machined bone and recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein (rhBMP).
What does hBMP stand for?
hBMP stands for Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of hBMP
We have 3 other meanings of hBMP in our Acronym Attic
- Housing Benefit Management Information System (UK Parliament)
- Hubei Binkang Pharmaceutical (Las Vegas, NV)
- Happy Birthday Mike Leslie (store; Worcester, MA)
- Howard Bracken Memorial Library (Woodstock, CT)
- Humanistic Buddhist Monastic Life Program (Rosemead, CA)
- Hospital Based Massage Network
- Holiday Beach Migration Observatory (Canada)
- Hygiene-Based Margin of Safety
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan
- Human Bone Marrow Progenitor
- Home-Based Maternal Record
- Handsome Boy Modeling School (band)
- Henry B. Dupont Middle School (Delaware)
- Hodges Bend Middle School (Texas)
- Housing Benefit Matching Service (UK)
- Howard Bishop Middle School (Gainesville, FL)
- Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting (Manitoba, Canada)
- Hudson Bend Middle School (Austin, TX)
- Human Behavior Monitoring and Support (project)
- Human Bone Marrow Stromal Cell (medicine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Medtronic says the cages are filled with Infuse Bone Graft, which consists of recombinant human Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2 (RhBMP-2) and an absorbable collagen sponge.
Minneapolis, MN, announced an agreement on February 5 under which Medtronic Sofamor Danek (MSD), Memphis, TN, the company's spinal business, will exclusively promote in Europe recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein (rhBMP-2), the genetically engineered version of a naturally occurring human protein that forms new bone.
Allograft bone combined with human bone morphogenetic protein (hBMP) is an effective structural graft component for previous failed unions of fractures of the humerus (upper arm), according to University of California-Los Angeles School of Medicine researchers.