2000) Mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa, TNF-alpha, and IL-1beta, but not IL-6, induce human beta-defensin-2 in respiratory epithelia.
What does hBD2 stand for?
hBD2 stands for Human Beta-Defensin-2
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Honored By Death (gaming clan, Battlefield 2)
- Hot Bearing Detector (trains)
- Hot Box Detector (railway engineering)
- Hot Bus Driver
- Human Biodiversity
- Hybrid Booster Drive (Electric Vehicle Institute)
- Hydraulic Bottom Detector
- Hydrogen Bond Donor
- Hypophosphatemic Bone Disease
- Human Beta-Defensin-1
- Haringey Business Development Agency (London, England, UK)
- Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association (est. 1959)
- High Background Detector Array
- High Burden Developing Country (Cepheid)
- Highwood Business Development Corporation
- Holston Business Development Center (Kingsport, TN)
- Home Base Development Committee (US Navy)
- Honey Badger Don't Care
- Human Bone-Derived Cell
- Hydrogen Bond Donor Count
Samples in periodicals archive:
What makes human beta-defensin-2 different, Schroder says, is that it is only made when bacteria are present.