Fired from Hughes Missile Systems (now Raytheon) in 1991 when he tested positive for cocaine, Hernandez, who also had a drinking problem, reapplied in 1994 after joining Alcoholics Anonymous and giving up drugs.
What does HMS stand for?
HMS stands for Hughes Missile Systems (now Raytheon Company)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMS
We have 326 other meanings of HMS in our Acronym Attic
- Horace Mann School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (est. 1869; Allston, MA)
- Horizontally Meandered Strip (microwave)
- Hospital Management System
- Hospitality Management System
- Hosted Managed Service
- Hotel Management System
- Hour Minute Second
- Hrvatski Macevalacki Savez (Croatian Fencing Federation)
- Hrvatski Motociklisticki Savez (Croatian Motorcycle Federation)
- Hubble Middle School (Wheaton, IL)
- Hull Mounted Sonar
- Human Metabolic Simulator
- Human Movement Studies (various locations)
- Human Safety Mandatory Modification
- Human-Machine System (ergonomics)
- Humboldt Merchant Services (account provider; Eureka, CA)
- Huntington Middle School (California)
- Hyatt Main Street (hotel)
- Hybrid Management System
- Hydro-Meteorological Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
The case involved a worker who was forced to resign because he failed a drug test at a Hughes Missile Systems plant in Tucson, AZ.
MANUFACTURER: Hughes Missile Systems Company 60mm Mortar Often combined with the M-60 machine gun, the 60mm mortar is used aboard patrol boats (PBs).
Three years later, she leaped again, to nearby Hughes Missile Systems Group, where she rose four notches in five years, becoming perhaps, the only black woman in the country selling guided missiles.