ENGINEERS carried out emergency repairs after a stretch of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal was hit by severe flooding.
What does HNC stand for?
HNC stands for Huddersfield Narrow Canal (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HNC
We have 61 other meanings of HNC in our Acronym Attic
- Hazardous Nomad Co-Op (gaming clan)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hecht-Nielsen Neurocomputing Corporation
- Hentai Ninja Clan
- Higher National Certificate (UK)
- Hockey Night in Canada
- Holistic Nurse Certified
- Honey Nut Cheerios (cereal)
- Hopkins-Nanjing Center (US/China joint educational program)
- Houma Navigation Canal
- Huntsville Engineering Support Center (Army Corps of Engineers)
- Hypernetted Chain Approximation
- Head and Neck Carcinoma (cancer)
- Head of News and Current Affairs
- Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board (Rancho Cordova, CA)
- Hua Nan Commercial Bank (Taiwan)
- Hamburg Network Composers' Collective (Germany)
- High-Speed Network Control Circuit
- Host Nation Coordination Cell
- Houghs Neck Community Council (Quincy, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Across the road, Stone Battery Road leads down towards the Huddersfield Narrow Canal which is separated by a narrow grassy bank from the River Colne.
Five locks along the Huddersfield Narrow Canal have been renovated along with three on the Calder and Hebble Navigation which runs through Elland and Mirfield.
Technician Daz Watson from Linthwaite spotted it on an early morning stroll with his dog on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal yesterday.
The Huddersfield Narrow Canal runs for 20 miles from Huddersfield to Ashton-under-Lyne ?
But after 275 miles of waterways and around 120 locks, the state of Huddersfield Narrow Canal left him disgusted.
February 18, 1985: West Yorkshire County Council donated PS153,000 towards restoring Huddersfield Narrow Canal to unblock it near Wakefield Road in Aspley.
He caught the reflection of the viaduct and nearby buildings in the Huddersfield narrow canal.