The system is under joint development by the ARGE IDAS consortium, which comprises ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems' Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) division, Diehl BGT Defense and Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace (KDA).
What does HDW stand for?
HDW stands for Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (German Shipbuilding Company)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HDW
We have 23 other meanings of HDW in our Acronym Attic
- High-Definition Virtual Tour
- Heimat- und Dorfverschoenerungsverein Holssel (German: Home and Village Improvement Society Holssel)
- Heisenberg-Dirac-Van Vleck
- Hanford Defined Waste
- Harley-Davidson of Washington
- Hemoglobin Distribution Width
- High density satellite derived wind
- High Dependency Ward (hospitals)
- Hollow Dielectric Waveguide
- Hanford Defense Waste Environmental Impact Statement
- Health Department of Western Australia
- Health (Drinking Water) Amendment Act (New Zealand)
- Hunter District Water Board (Australia)
- High Desert Wireless Broadband Communications (Mojave, CA)
- Hardwood Floors (classified ads)
- Hi Desert Water District
- High Density Wave Division Multiplexing
- Health and Disability Working Group (Boston, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The operation involves two parts: First, ADM acquires TKMS' civil ship business, including the Blohm+Voss shipyard in Hamburg and the civil assets of the Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft shipyard in Kiel.
According to Thales, the communication solution, which was jointly developed with South Korean partner Samsung Thales, has been selected by the German submarine shipbuilder Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) a subsidiary of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems to equip the next two submarines which are to join the Navy by 2018.
Kiel, Germany-based shipbuilder Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft AG (HDW) recently announced the launch of Papanikolis, a new fuel cell-powered 214 Class submarine built for the Greek Navy.
The world's leading maker of diesel subs, Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft AG (HDW), is based in the Lower Saxony capital of Kiel.
The deal covers six Class-214 air-independent propulsion (AIP) submarines by Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft GmbH (HDW), a part of the ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems shipbuilding group, the statement said.