Maranda's House was one of only two programs in Massachusetts to receive funding under the Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Program, which awarded $310 million in grants nationwide this year.
What does HOPWA stand for?
HOPWA stands for Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HOPWA
- Hamster Oocyte Penetration Test
- Hamster Ova Penetration Test
- Hard Once-Per-Turn (gaming)
- Higher-Order Path Termination (telecommunications)
- High Order Path Terminating Equipment
- Hospital Hotel (various locations)
- High Optical Power Test Facility (Gingin, Australia)
- Home Owner Property Tax Relief (California)
- House of Plastics Unlimited
- Helpers of People with AIDS (Washington)
- House of Pain Wrestling Federation (Hagerstown, MD)
- House of Quality (Quality Function Deployment)
- Hysteroid-Obsessoid Questionnaire
- Halls of Reflection (World of Warcraft dungeon)
- Hand-Over Request
- Head of Region (various organizations)
- Hell on Rails (RC aircraft)
- Higher Order Rewriting
- Higher-Order Representation (consciousness theory)
- Home Of Record
Samples in periodicals archive:
I can only speak about Indiana, but through our state Department of Health we've been able to tap into several different funding streams such as Care Coordination, which is identical to case management, and Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS.
242 billion for homeless programs including full funding for Shelter Plus Care contracts; and * $297 million for Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS.
The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) was funded at $277 million, similar to the Administration's request, while elderly and disabled housing were funded at $783 and $241 million respectively.