A ripped chain-link fence borders the abandoned affordable-housing development, which never reopened after Hurricane Katrina forced its operator, the Housing Authority of New Orleans (HANO), to dose it more than six years ago.
What does HANO stand for?
HANO stands for Housing Authority of New Orleans
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HANO
We have 1 other meaning of HANO in our Acronym Attic
- Hemophilia Association of New Jersey
- Have a Nice Life
- Hollywood Anti-Nazi League (est, 1936; Hollywood, CA)
- Helvetic Association for Neurolinguistic Programming (Liechtenstein)
- Hotel Association of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Handheld Advanced Nucleic Acid Analyzer
- Horn of Africa NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) Network for Development
- Hunger Action Network of New York State (Albany, NY)
- Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations
- High Altitude No Opening
- Hillcrest Area Neighborhood Outreach Center (West Hartford Housing Authority; Connecticut)
- Hannoversche Maschinenbau Aktiengesellschaft (German automotive company)
- Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians
- Human Atrial Natriuretic Peptide
- Human Appropriation of Net Primary Production
- Head and Neck Safety (safety device)
- Head and Neck Support/System (brace worn by motor sport drivers; trademark of Hubbard/Downing, Inc.)
- Health Action Network Society
- Health Alert Network System (various locations)
- Heavy Aromatic Naphtha Solvent
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reaching Out In 2007 the Housing Authority of New Orleans (HANO) decided to demolish the St.
Eventually, he'd like to get the Housing Authority of New Orleans on board to provide computer access at community centers in public housing developments.
The recent turnaround of the long-time troubled Housing Authority of New Orleans has garnered national accolades amidst a serious public policy issue.
Only two weeks earlier, the Housing Authority of New Orleans had failed to collect a $106,000 federal grant to put smoke detectors in the Smiths' high-rise.