The complaints were aired after Congressman Aurelio Gonzales sponsored House Resolution 2140 which asked the entertainment industry "to minimise, prevent, or stop typecasting congressmen and congresswomen as villains or crooks in movies and TV telenovelas".
What does HRES stand for?
HRES stands for House Resolution (style of a measure pertaining only to the House of Representatives)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HRES
We have 5 other meanings of HRES in our Acronym Attic
- Human Rights Education Program for Women (Women for Women’s Human Rights)
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council (Chesapeake, VA)
- Heritage Resources and Environmental Policy Compliance (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Historical Resources Evaluation Report
- Human Rights Education Radio Listeners Club
- Human Rights Education and Research Network
- Harvard Real Estate Services (Harvard University)
- Hayman Residential Engineering Services Inc. (Rapid City, SD)
- High-Resolution Endoluminal Sonography (medical imaging)
- Highland Rim Experiment Station (University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture; Springfield, TN)
- Hudson River Environmental Society (Altamont, NY)
- Human Resources Employment Solutions
- Human Rights Education Service Corps
- Health Research and Educational Trust (New Jersey)
- High Reach Extendible Turret (Rosenbauer Firefighting Vehicles)
- House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal (Philippines)
- Hampton Roads Educational Telecommunications Association
- Harris Real Estate University
- Hotel and Restaurant Employees Union
- Human Rights Education Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The House resolution comes following a similar one passed in the United States Senate.
Those who oppose the House resolution say that historians should decide how to characterize what happened to 1.
House resolution on Armenian allegations would not harm Turkey in anyway, at a business conference in Istanbul.
In the united Republic of Cyprus, member state of the EU, there should not be provisions for guarantors or guarantees", the House resolution says.
US Congressman Chris Smith (Reuters) House Resolution 1019, as the measure is called, did not yet gain the approval of the House's Democratic leadership.