House Joint Resolution 21 and Senate Joint Resolution 24 would place a measure on the ballot asking voters to add a section to the Constitution: "Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the state of Oregon or by any political subdivision in this state on account of sex.
What does HJRES stand for?
HJRES stands for House Joint Resolution (style of a resolution of both houses of Congress)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Hertsmere Jewish Primary School (Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, UK)
- Honolulu Jazz Quartet (Hawaii)
- Hadji Jalili Revivals LLC (reproduction Persian carpets; Menlo Park, CA)
- Henry James Review (est. 1980; academic journal)
- Hepatojugular Reflux
- Horizontal Joint Reinforcement
- House Joint Resolution
- Hopital Joseph Ravoahangy Andrianavalona (Madacascar)
- Hadejia Jama'ara River Basin Development Authority (Nigeria)
- Heinrich Josef Richtberg Doleschal (German artist website)
- Hurricane Jeanne Reconstruction Program
- Hartford Jazz Society (Hartford, CT)
- Harvard Japan Society (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Henry Jackson Society (University of Cambridge; UK)
- Hic Jacet Sepultus (Latin: Here Lies Buried)
- Homer J Simpson
- Hrvatski Jedrilicarski Savez (Croatian Sailing Federation)
- Hrvatski Judo Savez (Croatian Judo Federation)
- Handsworth Junior Sporting Club (UK)
- Harry Jerome Sports Centre (Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was fortunate, however, that this well-intentioned proposed amendment, known as House Joint Resolution 2 (HJR2), did not pass because a key provision in it is unworkable.
House Democratic leaders largely decided to adopt FY 2006 funding levels as a baseline in the spending bill, House Joint Resolution 20, rather than adopting the customary formula of using the lowest figures passed in the House or Senate.
After getting permission to use the Cole's coat of arms from RADM Christopher Cole, then-commander of Navy Region Mid-Atlantic, Clodfelter worked with the Virginia General Assembly to pass a proclamation -- House Joint Resolution No.
Similarly, Virginia's House Joint Resolution 94 "memorializes" the Secretary of Agriculture, the Director of the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy to permit the controlled, experimental cultivation of industrial hemp in Virginia.