com)-- To help commercial drivers that fall under Federal Hours of Service rules, Edey Consulting Services is offering a fact sheet called the “Federal Hours of Service Fact Sheet.
What does HOS stand for?
HOS stands for Hours of Service
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HOS
We have 100 other meanings of HOS in our Acronym Attic
- Holiday Oceanview Samal
- Holt-Oram Syndrome
- Home Of Selection
- Home Office Specimen (life/health insurance underwriting)
- Home Orchard Society
- Horizontal Over Scan (TV)
- Host Operating System
- House of Secrets
- Houston (Amtrak station code; Houston, TX)
- Hrvatske Obrambene Snage (Croatian Defence Forces)
- Hrvatski Odbojkaški Savez (Croatian Volleyball Federation)
- Human Operator Simulator
- Human Organ Systems (class)
- Husband Over Shoulder
- Heads of Student Administration (conference)
- Health Occupation Student Association
- Health Occupations Students of America (Flower Mound, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Eligible employees are individuals who have been employed for at least 1 year by the employer, and for at least 1,250 hours of service with such employer during the previous 12-month period.
To be eligible, a taxpayer must materially participate in the business, perform more than 750 hours of service per year in the real estate activity and be able to demonstrate that more than half of the personal services he or she performs during the year are for real property trades or businesses.
We found, for example, that many home health organizations in one of our communities require clients to use a minimum of three or four hours of service.
The big trucking companies see expanded hours of service as a huge financial windfall.