Foamlinx LLC, based in California has developed CNC Hot Wire Foam Cutters especially for the sign industry.
What does HW stand for?
HW stands for Hot Wire (welding technology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HW
We have 26 other meanings of HW in our Acronym Attic
- Hollow World (gaming, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Holy Wood (Marilyn Manson album)
- Homeworld (game)
- Homing Weapons
- Horizontal Weather Depiction
- Hot Water
- Hot Wheel
- HutchWorld (mobile networking)
- Hyrule Warriors (video game)
- High Molecular Weight Microtubule-Associated Protein 2
- Hot Wire Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Half Wave/Full Wave
- Hot-Wall Liquid Encapsulated Czochralski Method (semiconductors)
- Heart Weight/Body Weight
- Half Wave/Full Wave (electrical distribution)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the safety measures is a hot wire fence, which is connected to battery and gives eight volts' shock to the animal if it touches it.
Staff had to hot wire it to get the cortege from the citadel to the cemetery.
Users can also find materials by minimum thickness, uv or water-immersion requirements, mechanical impact, electrical or mechanical strength, Comparative Tracking Index, High Voltage Tracking Rate, Hot Wire Ignition, High Amp Arc Ignition, and ASTM D495 Tracking.
When all the current is carried on the primary's hot wires, they balance out -- creating magnetic fields that decrease quickly with distance.