The brainchild of Chuck Ragan, longtime frontman of highly respected Florida punk rock legends Hot Water Music, the tour sees Ragan takes out a group of handpicked troubadours - this year made up of Bedouin Soundclash's Jay Malinowski, Emily Barker, Cory Branan, Rocky Votolato and The Dead Coast Band.
What does HWM stand for?
HWM stands for Hot Water Music (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HWM
We have 42 other meanings of HWM in our Acronym Attic
- High Weald Land Management Initiative (UK)
- Healthy Working Lives Research Group (University of Glascow, Scotland, UK)
- Hostile Weapons Location System
- HighWire Library of the Sciences and Medicine
- Hazardous Waste Land Treatment
- Hardware Maintenance
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Heavy Water Moderated (nuclear reactor system)
- High Water Mark
- High Wet Modulus
- House Ways and Means Committee (US Congress)
- Hazardous Waste Management Act
- Humboldt Waste Management Authority (Eureka, CA)
- Hazardous Waste Management Advisory Committee
- Hazardous Waste Management Advisory Council (Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality; Oklahoma City, OK)
- Hazardous Waste Management Board (US Army)
- Hancock War Memorial Branch Library (Hancock, MD)
- He Who Must Be Obeyed
- Hardware Motion Compensation (video cards)
- Helmut Wüst Mechanical Components
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the last five years that I've had the opportunity of being on The Revival Tour, it's been nothing but an invigorating breath of fresh air among the sea of live music out there today," explains Ragan, the former frontman of famed US punks Hot Water Music, about the musical and cultural collaborative phenomenon that he helped create.
This UK instalment featured The Gaslight Anthem's Brian Fallon and Alkaline Trio's Dan Andriano, alongside Revival Tour stalwart Chuck Ragan of Hot Water Music, and was arguably the most impressive line-up to date.
With his song titles etched in griptape and his raspy recorded voice, Chuck Ragan--formerly of Hot Water Music and Rumbleseat--delivers music that's more than driving and more than personal, often about simple subjects that are not only uplifting but real as well.
Having launched the Revival Tour in 2008, Chuck Ragan, frontman of American post punk group Hot Water Music, has managed to shake up the live scene like no-one else.
Citing influences ranging from Thrice, Jimmy Eat World and Brand New to Hot Water Music, Caesar's Rome have recorded a Radio 1 session for Bethan Elfyn, received airplay from Huw Stephens and scooped XFM's unsigned band of the week.