Once the 5th patient was loaded, Woolley led the team out of the hot landing zone and back to a coalition base where the casualties could receive treatment.
What does HLZ stand for?
HLZ stands for Hot Landing Zone
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HLZ
We have 6 other meanings of HLZ in our Acronym Attic
- Human Liver X Receptor
- Happy Life Year
- Humphrey Lyttelton (musician)
- Hong Leong Yamaha Motor (Malaysia)
- Haze Layer Aloft
- Hastings Lake YMCA Stingrays (swim team; Lindenhurst, IL)
- Hamilton, New Zealand - Hamilton (Airport Code)
- Helicopter Landing Zone
- Hochleistungszählanlage (High-speed Counting and Sorting Machines for Beverage Containers)
- Hotline Zombie
- (USN Rating) Hospital Corpsman
- Air Seychelles (IATA airline code)
- Hakuna Matata (Swahili: There Are No Worries)
- Half Marathon (race)
- Half Mirror
- Halo Messenger (website)
- Hamilton Sector (Lester B. Pearson International Airport; Canada)
- Hammer Mill
- Hand Motion (ophthalmological test of visual acuity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lazzarini describes the range of emotion he experienced, from his reluctance to look at wounded soldiers so that he could remain emotionless and focused on his job, to the adrenaline rush of setting down in a hot landing zone under enemy fire.
When "The Charlie Tigers" C Company 3/21 Infantry, 196th Light Infantry Brigade became embroiled in combat in a hot landing zone, a succession of vicious firefights resulted in horrendous casualty rates--both for them and the enemy.