Host-based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) go beyond traditional anti-virus software in protecting computers based on the systems behavior, and defend against the increasing number of zero-day threats, rootkits and other malware.
What does HIP stand for?
HIP stands for Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HIP
We have 318 other meanings of HIP in our Acronym Attic
- Home Installation Professionals
- Home Investment Package (Anaheim, CA Public Utilities Department)
- Homeless Initiative Partnership (Florida)
- Homes in Partnership, Inc.
- Hoover Institution Press
- Hormone and Information Processing (study)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Hospital Infections Program (US CDC)
- Host Identity Protocol
- Host Interface Processor
- Hot Isostatic Pressing
- Housing Initiatives Program (various organizations)
- Howitzer Improvement Program
- HRU Interface Processor
- Hrvatski Istinski Preporod (Croatian True Revival Party)
- HSSI Interface Processor (Cisco)
- Human Information Processing
- Human Interactive Proof
- Human Interface Parser
- Hunger Intervention Program (Seattle, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
McAfee Systems will encompass the existing McAfee endpoint security products (such as anti-virus and personal firewalls), the Entercept host-based intrusion prevention systems, and its Magic Solutions helpdesk systems.