The ERAM system replaces the current Host Computer System, which has been operating since 1967 with numerous upgrades.
What does HCS stand for?
HCS stands for Host Computer System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HCS
We have 303 other meanings of HCS in our Acronym Attic
- Holland Construction Services (Swansea, IL)
- Hollywood Casino Shreveport
- Holy Cross Seminary (various locations)
- Home and Community-Based Service Program
- Homewood City Schools (Homewood, AL)
- Hoover City Schools (Alabama)
- Horizon Casualty Services (New Jersey)
- Horticulture and Crop Science (various schools)
- Hospital & Healthcare Compensation Service
- Hospital Central Service (various organizations)
- Hosted Collaboration Solution (Cisco)
- Hot Club Sandwich (band)
- House Condition Survey (UK)
- House Connection Sewer
- Housing Counseling Services, Inc (Washington, DC)
- Housing/Community Services (various locations)
- Hub City Stompers (New Brunswick, NJ band)
- Hull Collegiate School (Anlaby, England, UK)
- Human Capital Solutions
- Human Capital Strategist (certification; Human Capital Institute)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2007 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD China Southern Airlines (NYSE:ZNH and HKSE:1055) has chosen the AviNet Airport network service from ARINC Incorporated to connect its host computer system at Beijing with growing international passenger operations in Australia, Korea and Japan.
The information available to the control system depends on the connection of the dryer to the SPI communication port on the controls linking it to the host computer system.
Phase 4, the final phase of the program, will complete the upgrade of the remaining peripheral hardware that comprises the Host Computer System.
Based on industry-standard hardware, features include paperless operation using radio terminals or pick-to-light systems, fully automated control of Storage/Retrieval machines and other material-handling systems, and flexible connections to existing host computer systems.
Temporarily retaining these original form-based records in paper or image format provides an audit trail to determine authenticity and accuracy of electronic records used within the eventual host computer system.
The NAS Host Computer System is a special purpose operating system, running on the FAA's IBM S/370 and S/390 architecture systems, used in support of the United State's air traffic control system.
Those areas that have no connection to a host computer system are served by small and cost effective PLCs.