In 1983, the SS Uganda Hospital Ship returned from the Falklands War to be refitted into a cruise ship at Smiths Dock in North Shields.
What does AH stand for?
AH stands for Hospital Ship
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AH
We have 73 other meanings of AH in our Acronym Attic
- Attack Helicopter
- Attention Horde (gaming clan)
- Auction House
- Auditory Hallucination
- Austin-Healy (British automobile brand)
- Australian Hard (Wheat)
- Authentication Header
- Automated Howitzer
- Available Hours
- American Hoist & Derrick Company (Bay City, Michigan)
- Alliance Hose & Extrusions, Inc. (Gardena, CA)
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
- Alberta Health and Wellness (Alberta, Canada)
- axon hillock plus the initial segment (regarding motor neuron disease)
- Apache Attack Helicopter, A Version
- Apache Attack Helicopter, D version, with Longbow radar improvements
- Asian Himalayas International Conference on Internet
- Asia Union Co. Ltd (est. 1965; South Korea)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A hospital ship is a ship designated for primary function as a floating medical treatment facility or hospital.
The NSW Nurses'Association kindly provided me with some financial support to serve in a voluntary basis on board the hospital ship Africa Mercy earlier this year.
Japan's torpedoing of an Australian hospital ship in World War II was illegal and violated fundamental humanitarian principles, Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said Thursday.
Summary: Experts have filmed the wreckage of a sunken WWII ship off the coast of Australia, and identified it as the hospital ship Centaur.
SHIPWRECK hunters have captured the first underwater footage of a Second World War hospital ship sunk by the Japanese in 1943 with 268 people killed.
Byline: Craig McDonald A HOSPITAL ship sunk during World War II has been found off the coast of Australia.
On active service Argus becomes a Primary Casualty Receiving Ship - the modern term for a hospital ship.