KARACHI: At least five people were gunned down or killed in different parts of Karachi, including a Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) activist on Wednesday whereas the doctors and paramedics shut down the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital outpatient department to mourn and protest the killing of a doctor yesterday.
What does HOPD stand for?
HOPD stands for Hospital Outpatient Department
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HOPD in our Acronym Attic
- Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995
- Hungarian Osteoporosis Patients Association
- Hastings Online Public Access Catalog
- Heads of Prosecuting Agencies Conference
- Hierarchical Ordered Partitioning and Collapsing Hybrid
- Harvest Orthodox Presbyterian Church (Vista, California)
- High Osmotic Pressure Chromatography
- House of Petite Couture (children's clothing)
- House of Playing Cards
- House of Prayer Church of God, Inc. (Capitol Heights, MD)
- Housing and Older People Development Group (UK)
- Higher Order Primal Dual Method
- H-2 Orbiting Plane (developmental Japanese space plane)
- Hackers On Planet Earth
- Halley Optical Probe Experiment
- Halt Overpopulation with Prevention and Education (animal foundation)
- Hang On! Peace Exists (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- Happy Our Program Exists (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- Harnessing Optimism and Potential Through Education
- Harnessing the Omnipotent Power of the Electron (software tool)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There will be less need for large hospital outpatient departments and some services and whole hospitals will need to close or be merged with others.
In terms of procedure volumes, two-thirds of orthopedic procedures performed in a specialty hospital outpatient department would be paid under the two lowest paying ASC categories compared with 55 percent in surgical hospitals.
And among low-income children with public health insurance whose parents used clinics or hospital outpatient departments as a usual source of care, their parents were 9.
GAO-07-86 November 30, 2006 Medicare pays for surgical procedures performed at ambulatory surgical centers (ASC) and hospital outpatient departments through different payment systems.
A 21-year-old woman sought treatment at the hospital outpatient department of "Emergency," an Italian nongovernmental organization (NGO) in Freetown, Sierra Leone in May 2004, reporting malaise and persisting dull abdominal pain, accompanied by isolated episodes of spiking fever.
It can be done in a clinic, hospital outpatient department or GP's surgery.