The isolated strain showed slight growth after 24 or 48 h of incubation on horse blood agar medium but abundant growth on the same medium containing 1% Tween 80 under aerobic conditions (5% C[O.
What does HBA stand for?
HBA stands for Horse Blood Agar (microbiological media)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBA
We have 147 other meanings of HBA in our Acronym Attic
- Hispanic Basketball Association
- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia - Hobart (Airport Code)
- Holliston Business Association
- Home Baking Association
- Home Base
- Home Builders Association
- Hometown Business Alliance (networking)
- Honors Business Administration
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (degree)
- Hood by Air (clothing company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sputum cultures were plated onto horse blood agar, cystine lactose electrolyte-deficient agar, Haemophilus agar, and colistin/ nalidixic acid blood agar incubated in a candle jar at 35[degrees]C for [less than or equal to] 3 days.
At 24 h, strong [beta]-hemolysis was produced by 55 (76%), 41 (57%), and 55 (76%) strains on human, sheep, and horse blood agar plates, respectively, while 6 (8%), 10 (14%) and 7 (10%) strains demonstrated weak [beta]-hemolysis (Table).