The wonderfully weird convention brings together the music of bands such as Children of Bodom and The Black Dahlia Murder; the malicious machinations of Pinhead in the "Hellraiser" movies, local horror authors from the New England Horror Writers Association and cult-favorite actors such as Jason Mewes ("Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"), pictured, and Corey Haim ("Lost Boys").
What does HWA stand for?
HWA stands for Horror Writers Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HWA
We have 59 other meanings of HWA in our Acronym Attic
- Heartland Wrestling Association
- Hemlock Wooly Adelgid
- Here We Are
- High Wind Advisory
- Hilfswerk Austria (Vienna, Austria)
- Hoefer Wysocki Architects (Kansas City, MO)
- Hoes with Attitudes (rap group)
- Hold Without Action (US government licensing procedure)
- Hollow World Adventure (gaming)
- Home Warranty of America (Lincolnshire, IL)
- Host Wire Adapter
- Hot Wire Anemometry
- Hunter Water Australia (Broadmeadow, NSW, Australia)
- Hellenic Writers Association of Australia
- Hawthorne Army Ammunition Plant
- Henry Wellcome Ancient Biomolecules Centre (University of Oxford Department of Zoology; UK)
- Hardware Activation Code
- Hazardous Waste Action Coalition
- Hazardous Waste Advisory Committee (Connecticut)
- Health Workforce Advisory Committee (New Zealand Ministry of Health)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Furthermore, the Web site of the Horror Writers Association (formerly Horror Writers of America), a professional writers' association, proclaims that horror's "only true requirement is that it elicit an emotional reaction that includes some aspect of fear or dread" ("What is Horror Fiction?
A Hell of a Job is a Damnation Books publication and appears in the Superior Achievement in a collection category at the Horror Writers Association, (HWA).
They include the Grand Master Award of the Horror Convention and the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Horror Writers Association.