Previously, similar models had guided public health policy, for example, in halting an outbreak of hoof and mouth disease in the United Kingdom in 2001 (5,6).
What does HMD stand for?
HMD stands for Hoof and Mouth Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMD
We have 83 other meanings of HMD in our Acronym Attic
- Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
- Hermes Media Design
- Hexamethyldiamine (nylon chemistry)
- Hierarchical Message Description
- High Mobility Downsized
- History of Medicine Division (National Library of Medicine)
- Hold Me Down
- Hollow Metal Door
- Holocaust Memorial Day (various locations)
- Holographic Media Disk
Samples in periodicals archive:
Will Rogers: "A golfer is someone with hoof and mouth disease.