Enquiries are ongoing and police are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information on the incident to come forward and contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team via 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
What does HMET stand for?
HMET stands for Homicide and Major Enquiry Team (West Yorkshire, England, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMET
We have 2 other meanings of HMET in our Acronym Attic
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (US DoT)
- Highways Maintenance Efficiency Programme (UK)
- Houston Municipal Employees Pension System (Texas)
- Hackensack Meadowlands Ecosystem Restoration (Water Resources Development Act; New Jersey)
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response (various locations)
- Hull Mechanical Electrical Readiness Assessment
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan
- Harbour Marine Engineering Services (UK)
- Hepatic Microsomal Enzyme System
- Hutt Mana Energy Trust (New Zealand)
- Hak Memesan Efek Terlebih Dahulu (Indonesian: Rights Issue)
- Hepatic Microsomal Electron Transport System
- Hungarian Ministry of Environment and Water
- H. Martin Foundation
- Handbook of Mathematical Functions
- Harbor Maintenance Fee
- Hardware Mission Failure
- Health Maintenance Facility (gym)
- Healthy Michigan Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mohammed Rafiq Passwala was found in the city by West Yorkshire Police officers working for the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team at around 3.
At the time of the attack Det Supt David Oldroyd, of West Yorkshire Police's Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said: "This was a sickening attack on a defenceless, elderly lady.
The murder inquiry was launched by West Yorkshire Police's homicide and major enquiry team (HMET) on Tuesday, February 1.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team via 0845 6060606, or Crimestoppers anonymously and in confidence on 0800 555 111.
West Yorkshire Police's homicide and major enquiry team said the man suspected of carrying out the killing was believed to have fled abroad after the incident.
Detectives from West Yorkshire Police's homicide and major enquiry team (HMET) launched a probe after the body of the woman was found.
West Yorkshire Police's Homicide and Major Enquiry Team have launched an investigation.