AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2001 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD The US Air Force has decided against allowing a commercial airport to be built on Homestead Air Force Base, Florida, which was destroyed by Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
What does HAFB stand for?
HAFB stands for Homestead Air Force Base (Florida)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HAFB
We have 2 other meanings of HAFB in our Acronym Attic
- Houston Area Fiber Artists (Houston, TX)
- Hammersmith and Fulham Action on Disability
- Handling and Assembly of Functionally Adapted Microcomponents
- Help Africa Fight Against Poverty
- Hancock Air Force Base (Syracuse, New York; now closed)
- Hanscom Air Force Base (Massachusetts)
- Heavy Assault Floating Bridge (UK)
- Hickam Air Force Base (Hawaii)
- Hill Air Force Base (Utah)
- Holloman Air Force Base (New Mexico)
- Howard Air Force Base (USAF; turned over to Panamanian control 1999)
- Hunting and Fishing Buddies Online
- Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic (San Francisco, CA)
- Hamilton Academical Football Club (South Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK)
- Hawkwell Athletic Football Club (est. 1974; UK)
- Household Auto Finance Corp
- Housing Authority of Fulton County (est. 1972; Atlanta, GA)
- Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell (car part)
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinics, Inc.
- Hannaford Associates Federal Credit Union (Portland, ME)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A major redevelopment proposal for Homestead Air Force Base in south Florida will be delayed until additional studies of its potential effects on Everglades and Biscayne national parks are completed, the Clinton Administration said.
When Andrew demolished Homestead Air Force Base, our community as a whole charged on Washington to demand that the Base Closure and Realignment Committee restore the base.