The differences between students with strong home learning environments and those without them can be measured in years of development.
What does HLE stand for?
HLE stands for Home Learning Environment (early education)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HLE
We have 37 other meanings of HLE in our Acronym Attic
- Hostile Litho-Density Tool
- Human Logic Deficiency Virus
- High Level Design Validation and Test (Workshop)
- High-Level Defense Waste
- Half-Life Elite (gaming, Half-Life modification)
- Healthy Life Expectancy
- Hertz Local Edition
- High Level Estimate
- Higher Layer Entity (computing)
- Holy Land Experience (Christian exhibit and museum; Orlando, FL)
- Houston Language Emulator
- Humane Law Enforcement (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and New York City Police Department)
- Heartland Lions Eye Banks
- Healthy Living East Cambridgeshire (UK)
- Human Lens Epithelial Cell (eye)
- High Level Experts Group
- Horse Leukocyte Elastase Inhibitor
- Horizontal-Loop Electromagnetic (system)
- Header Length
- High Latitude Ecological Observatory
Samples in periodicals archive:
Similarly, knowing about the early home learning environment of the child points to what kinds of literacy, numeracy and play experiences they have had," she said.
Differences in the childrens home learning environment predicted their readiness to start school.
She said the home learning environment ``is a little home academy``We use homes for things like Tupperware parties, Ann Summers and Avon parties but very rarely for learning purposes.
Results of research for the Education Department published last month shows that the home learning environment has an enormous effect on children's achievement.